At Ontada LLC (“Ontada”, “our”, or “we”), we value the trust that healthcare providers and pharmaceutical or drug manufacturers place in us to use and protect personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal information we collect when you use the Ontada website or in the ordinary course of business. It also tells you how we use, share and protect your personal information. When you use this website or provide personal information, you accept the privacy practices described in this Privacy Notice. Please read this complete Privacy Notice to understand our privacy practices before you use the application. In addition, read your provider’s notice of privacy practices before submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to Ontada (www.ontada.com) and how we use the personal information we collect when you use the application.
The Privacy Notice does not apply to:
- Ontada affiliates and subsidiaries that may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice.
- Ontada business partners, ad networks and other third parties that may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this website, we may collect personal information about you. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- First name, last name
- Business telephone number (office, cell, fax, etc.), business electronic mail address, personal telephone number (home, cell, fax, etc.), personal electronic mail address
- Geo-location/GPS information, IP address, user’s browser type, user’s operating system, device/user activity (such as login-logout info, sites/pages visited, # of visits, click stream, navigation, beacon signal hits, errors, crash rate, or other user activities)
- Information you provide directly to us:
- When you use the site.
- When you use offline features related to site, such as communicating with us by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- When you interact with us in the ordinary course of business.
Personal Information may be combined with information that does not identify you. If we combine information that doesn't identify you with your Personal Information, it will be treated as Personal Information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Geo-location Services
- When you allow us to track your location, we may collect information about your location for and match user’s location to services rendered with Ontada. We use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We also use local storage (example: HTML5) to collect and store content information and preferences. Our third-party partners who provide certain features or display advertising on our site may do the same. Your browser may offer tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
These tracking technologies are used:
- To analyze trends
- To perform data analysis and audits
- To track user’s movement through our platforms
- To gather demographic information about our users as a whole
- To collect user choices about Ontada’s use of personal information
- To perform diagnostic services such as error reporting to improve the site or service.
If the tracking information we collect is considered individually identifiable information, the data is treated as Protected Health Information (''PHI'') which is defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (''HIPAA''). We will use and disclose this information as required by HIPAA’s Privacy and Security rule.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ''Do Not Track'' feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Error detection and debugging
- Reporting or data analytics services.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
Ontada does not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may also need to share information with other companies, organizations or individuals if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, Ontada, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of Ontada assets.
You can limit the personal information we have by choosing not to provide it within the application or by failing to provide information through any offline features or in the ordinary course of business.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below.
Access to Personal Information
The website allows you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by contacting your account representative or the mailing address noted in the Contact Information section below.
We will retain your personal information as long as you:
- use the application,
- your account is active,
- as necessary to comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (''HIPAA'')
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, Ontada has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA Covered Entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be made available to you.
How We Protect Your Information
We protect the information we collect with proper physical, electronic and administrative safeguards. We only allow our employees, contractors, and agents to access personal information if they need access to perform services on our behalf. They are also subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information is transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Even though we have security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security. If you have any questions about security or believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure (for example, you feel that your account with us has been compromised), you must notify us immediately by email at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Updates may describe new features, products or services. Updates may also describe changes in how we use your personal information or to your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may make changes, we recommend that you read the current version of this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we change this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329
For state specific privacy rights please CLICK HERE.